I’m Christian Cabuay, I’m not really a CEO but I do run my own side business from my living room. This blog serves as a journal for my thoughts on business, social media, technology and productivity.
What this site is
- All the stuff I’ve been talking about with my friends, family, co-workers, and clients.
- Business tips for the the guy who just wants a little spare change in his pocket or eventually turning a side gig to a fulltime one.
- Something for the average Jane or Joe can do.
- My personal experience.
What this site isn’t
- How to get rich quick.
- I’m into Lone Wolf and Cub
- I have a demanding full-time job as a web analyst for a top clothing retailer
- Dark beer rules
- I used to be in a band
- I’m versed in the dead pre-Filipino writing system, Baybayin
info at livingroomceo.com
My Entrepreneurial journey
My earliest memory of dealing with money was buying a vampire toy at a Thrifty’s in the 80′s. It was a $1.99 and I had $2.00. When the lady checked me out, the total was $2.00 and some cents. She explained that there was tax. I didn’t know what the he’ll tax was. As I look for my mom to help out, the lady reaches out of her own pocket and pays the tax for me.
Lesson learned – There are some nice people out there and watch out for hidden costs.
Ice cream man part 1
During the summer everyone used to chase down the ice-cream truck for treats. We would buy something from the truck everyday. I think the guy made a killing because there wasn’t at the time a convenience store in every neighborhood. He would usually come at around 3PM everyday. It’s pretty late for most kids because with the warm weather, we could eat ice cream before noon. My mom used to buy these Nestle Crunch ice cream bars that everyone everyone loved. I figured that since the ice cream truck didn’t come until 3, I can sell these to the neighborhood kids at a premium price.
Lesson learned – Business is sometimes about being at the right place at the right time.
To be continued…..